Friends Online Report 2016
Friends Online Report, mapping Swedish children and young peoples’ life online, is published today for the fourth year in a row. The report builds on 1,015 interviews made by TNS Sifo with children between 10 and 16 years old.
Some other conclusions in the Friends Online Report 2016, produced in collaboration with HP PPS Sweden AB, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Symantec, are:
- One third of young people have been subjected to online harassment or intimidation in the past year.
- Three in ten young people experience racially motivated harassment or intimidation online.
- 55 % of young people talk to an adult at home if they have been subjected to bullying, harassment or intimidation online.
- Kik is the most common place for harassment or intimidation in social media.
- 8 % of girls and 5 % of boys have been subjected to bullying via mobile phone, computer or tablets in the past year.
Friends Report 2015
60,000 children and adolescents are subjected to bullying in Sweden. That represents 1-2 children in every class. In the Friends Report 2015, 15,000 children and adolescents in grades 3-9 answered questions about bullying in school. The report shows, among other things, that 8 percentage are subjected to bullying, and in half of the cases the bullying has been ongoing for several months or longer.
Power of peers – Bullying prevention in the digital age
From Youth Participation in Bullying Prevention -project and Co-founded by the European Union.